Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
awesome tummy warmer for chilly nights
- 2 3⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white part only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large saucepan, saute the leeks, onion and garlic in oil ubtil tender.
- Stir in the broth, potatoes and dill.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in the corn and pepper, cook 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into the soup and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the cream.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add 1 Tbsp of shredded cheddar to top of each serving.