- 1 (15 ounce) can corn beef hash
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 7 teaspoons dried onion flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine hash, tomato sauce, green pepper, 2 TBS onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the cornbread mix, flour, milk and eggs just until moistened.
- Add 1 cup cheese and the remaining onion.
- Spread batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Spread hash mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 35 minutes or until corn bread layer is golden brown and pulls away from the sides of the pan.