Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a take-off of the original Russian dish which was made with sour cream and topped with lots of cheese. This is the lowfat version, please be aware that lowfat yogurt can separate while cooking, so it is important not to skip the step to drain the corn well and to stir the mixture well. It has a superb taste.
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn (or one 10 ounce package frozen corn thawed and drained well)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Spread the corn on a towel to drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 1 quart baking dish or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cornstarch, dill weed, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in corn. Place mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered, 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and mix well, stirring until yogurt is smooth. Spread cheede evenly over corn.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Yum, really tasty and quick little dish! I made all as described apart from cooking and serving in two ramekins as an entree garnished with a few sprigs of dill.
Used a sharp cheddar cheese in easy-to-make recipe, as well as a rounded teaspoon of dill weed & had A GREAT TASTING CORN DISH! Another time I'd like to try this with some roasted corn! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement cooking game]
This was a different way to serve corn for our family. We would have liked more dill flavor, but we LOVE dill. I think I may have used a bit much corn, but I didn't have a problem with the yogurt separating. *grins* If I made this again, I would probably up the dill a lot. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.