Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from my paternal grandfather. It may sound bizarre, but it's delicious, easy and very refreshing. *The time does not reflect freezing.
- 1 liter milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweet corn
- Mix the milk, corn starch, sugar and eggs in blender.
- Put mixture in medium sized pot, and bring to a boil.
- Then add vanilla and corn.
- Mix well, and place in freezer safe bowl.
- Check it in a few hours, when it starts to freeze, stir it (so corn doesn't all end up on the bottom).
- Freeze a few more hours, and enjoy!
This was very refreshing and tasted great. Next time I will blend the corn to give it a smoother texture. I have had corn ice cream at a small shop in Lares, Puerto Rico and they sprinkle cinnamin on the top which I high recommend. Thanks for posting