Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Summer Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
Make and share this Corn Hotcakes With Blackberry Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from about 3 ears corn, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- vegetable oil, for the griddle
- softened butter, for serving
- The syrup--combine the berries and syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Decrease heat to med-low and simmer until the berries are tender and have given off their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- The pancakes--preheat the oven to 200°.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl to combine.
- In a blender, process 1 cup of the corn kernels and the milk until the corn is pureed.
- Add the eggs and pulse to combine.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup corn kernels.
- Heat a griddle over high heat until the griddle is very hot.
- Lightly oil the griddle.
- Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, pour the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with bubbles, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Serve hot, with the syrup and butter passed on the side.