Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I found this in a slow cooker book and it sounds good.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, ham, corn, and onion; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soup, milk and flour until smooth. Pour soup mixture over potato mixture; stir gently to mix.
- Cover; cook on low for 7-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
I decided to give this a try in spite of the mediocre rating that it received and I made some changes. I used creamed corn instead of whole kernel and cream of broccoli soup instead of the cheddar cheese soup. I omitted the flour (which I will not do again because it was way too thin!) and hubby and I were both very please with this meal. Actually, he LOVED it and couldn't wait to take it to work for lunch the next day. It reheats really well and will become a regular at our house. Thanks so much for sharing!
I threw this in the crockpot last weekend and then went to Busch Gardens. I have to say it was not very good. The texture of the ham and color of the potatoes were not very appealing. There was also something missning and I just don't feel the receipe has enough potential to figure it out. Thanks for posting looneytunesfan. Sorry we didn't like it.