Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A hearty, flavorful variation on pancakes made from a batter similar to Friendship batter. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Lovely served with butter and syrup or honey. Overnight standing time not included in preparation time.
- Cool milk to lukewarm and add softened yeast.
- Mix dry ingredients together; stir in yeast mixture, cover and let stand overnight in a warm place.
- Add eggs and let stand ten to fifteen minutes before baking.
- Drop mixture from a spoon onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Cook on one side until puffed, golden brown and full of bubbles; turn and cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup or honey.