A hearty, flavorful variation on pancakes made from a batter similar to Friendship batter. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Lovely served with butter and syrup or honey. Overnight standing time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cool milk to lukewarm and add softened yeast.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together; stir in yeast mixture, cover and let stand overnight in a warm place.
- 3Add eggs and let stand ten to fifteen minutes before baking.
- 4Drop mixture from a spoon onto a hot, greased griddle.
- 5Cook on one side until puffed, golden brown and full of bubbles; turn and cook on the other side.
- 6Serve hot with butter and syrup or honey.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Griddlecakes
Serving Size: 1 (1355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 78.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g