Recipe by Nif
These delicious little cakes are so good with pretty much anything! They don't take much time to make and kids really like them too. Enjoy!
Top Review by momaphet
I followed the recipe but halved everything except for the green onion. I liked the corn flavor but thought the chili powder was a little too strong and was surprised not to be able to taste the onion very much. I found the cakes to be a bit heavy in texture. Made for ZWT 9 Family picks
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- oil, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, chili powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter and honey. Stir in corn niblets and green onion.
- Stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly oil pan. Scoop portions of 2 tablespoons each, 3 at a time, into pan. Cook until golden, about 1 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.