Recipe by caromello
This is a Filipino dish that my mom taught me. It's one of my favorite comfort foods. You can add extra water/broth to make the dish more soupy, so you can pour over it your rice.
- 4 -5 corn on the cob
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons patis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add ground pork and brown for 2 minutes (separating pork thoroughly).
- Add patis. Mix and reduce to medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, cut the corn kernels from the cob into a bowl, making sure to scrape the stripped corn with the back of your knife to get all of the juices.
- Add corn and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add water and broth and simmer for 15 more minutes.