Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tropical twist on corn on the cob
- 2 cups milk, light cream can be substituted
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 ears corn, cleaned and rinsed
- In a large saucepan, combine milk or cream and water. Add butter and sugar. Stir.
- Bring just to a boil, add corn and return to almost a boil (milk and cream should cover corn). Cover tightly and let corn simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with salt and additonal butter.
I loved this corn! I only cooked 2 ears and it came out perfect. I served it with sauteed prawns and a tossed salad for my dinner tonight. Yes, I ate both ears! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.
Easy is good! Never tried to make corn like this and we enjoyed it so much, I think we'll be enjoying it all summer! LOL Thanks for sharing this simple, tasty recipe, morgainegeiser.
Fresh summer corn is one of my favorite veggies, and this is a great way to prepare it. I really liked the flavor that the milk and sugar gave the corn. Thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7