Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mmmm...can be served as a side dish, for breakfast, or even as a main vegetarian dish! Be sure to use good Vermont maple syrup! Adapted from Mountain Farmhouse, Ludlow, Vermont.
- Mix all of the ingredients except oil and maple syrup together.
- Amount of flour can vary. If the corn is very milky and wet, use more flour; batter should not be runny.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet to cover 1/4".
- Add large spoonfuls of batter to the hot oil.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Flatten with a spatula after turning.
- Serve with real maple syrup.
Loved this receipe!!!! The kids really enjoyed them. I personally recommend you try this receipe.I also suggest powered sugar on them, instead of the maple syrup.
We loved these fritters! I've never eaten them before with maple syrup...but it sure works well!! Thank you Sharon for another fabulous recipe!!