Recipe by ajaneck
If you like savoury potato pancakes, latkes, etc. you'll love this one! Goes well as a lunch, casual dinner or even appetizer. We ate the leftovers for breakfast :-) This recipe comes from my new favorite cookbook "Bill's Food" by Bill Granger - an Aussie chef.
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour (throw it in your coffee grinder or buy it this way)
- 1⁄2 cup plain all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup oil
SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- 3 large fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Corn Fritters: Sift the ground rice, flour, baking powder, salt, corander and cumin into a bowl.
- Add the egg, lemon juice and 1/2 c.
- water and beat to a smooth batter.
- Add the corn, spring onion and chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over med to hi heat.
- When oil is hot, add 2 tblsp of mixture for each fritter and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Cook about 2 to 3 min, or until golden brown, then flip.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then cook for 5 min or until the mixture thickens to a slightly syrupy consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool and serve with the fritters.