1/3 Photos of Corn Fritters With Hot & Spicy Oriental Relish
Galley Wench's Note:
I"ve been tweaking this recipe. It's a combination of several that I've tried. Absolutely delicious with fresh corn however frozen or canned corn can be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g fresh corn, husks and silks removed (2 large or 3-4 medium ears)
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml cornmeal
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil (or more as needed)
- 1Make the relish.
- 2Heat the wok, add the oil, and when hot add the onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 3Add the chilies and garlic, stir-fry for 1 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 5Stir in the plum sauce and transfer to a food processor and blend until the consistency of chutney.
- 6Set aside.
- 8Cut kernels from 1 to 2 ears of corn and place in bowl. This should yield approximately 1 cup of whole corn kernels.
- 9Grate kernels from remaining 1 to 2 ears on large holes of box grater (yielding 1/2 cup + of grated kernels).
- 10Place in bowl with whole corn kernels.
- 11Using the back of a knife, scrape any pulp remaining on all cobs into bowl.
- 12(If using frozen or canned corn, place the corn in a food processor and blend briefly until just mashed.).
- 13Stir in beaten egg, flour, cornmeal, cream, shallot, salt and cayenne.
- 14Heat oil in large heavy bottomed non-stick skillet (or cast-iron)over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- 15Drop 6 heaping tablespoons batter in pan.
- 16Fry until golden brown or about 1 minute per side.
- 17Transfer fritters to plate lined with paper towels.
- 18Arrange on warmed serving platter, garnish with cilantro and serve immediatly with spicy relish.
- 19NOTE: Batter can be prepared ahead, cover & refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Fritters With Hot & Spicy Oriental Relish
Serving Size: 1 (1124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g