Recipe by Ben's Mom
I got this recipe from Taste of Home. It is very easy to put together and very tasty. It almost seems as if you are eating potatoes.
Top Review by LainieBug
We really enjoyed these fritters, they were quick and easy to make. I did make substitutions due to personal preference (green pepper and red onion). We did feel they need more than 1/4 teaspoon salt and would up that quanity next time I make them.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh corn or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, red pepper and onions.
- Add flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir together well.
- Gradually add milk.
- Heat 2 T.
- oil in a skillet and drop batter by 1/4 c.
- full into skillet.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat w/ remaining batter adding oil as needed.