Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from Taste of Home. It is very easy to put together and very tasty. It almost seems as if you are eating potatoes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh corn or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine corn, red pepper and onions.
- Add flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir together well.
- Gradually add milk.
- Heat 2 T.
- oil in a skillet and drop batter by 1/4 c.
- full into skillet.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat w/ remaining batter adding oil as needed.
We really enjoyed these fritters, they were quick and easy to make. I did make substitutions due to personal preference (green pepper and red onion). We did feel they need more than 1/4 teaspoon salt and would up that quanity next time I make them.