Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Suggested by a recipe from Sunbeam Fry Pan booklet
- 177.44 ml self rising flour
- 2.46 ml table salt, to taste
- 0.59 ml black pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 large fresh egg, lightly beaten
- 78.07 ml whole milk
- 283.49 g can corn kernels, drained
- 1-2 scallions or 1-2 green onion, peeled,finely sliced (optional)
- Sift to combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar- optional, into a bowl.
- Combine beaten egg and milk.
- Using a mixer, gradually add milk mix to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Add corn to mix.
- Add green onions-- optional-- and stir in.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil and fry about 5 to 7 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Nita's Note: Drain well on paper towels or uncoated paper plates (with a regular plate underneath).
- Do NOT stack fritters to facilitate better drainage.
Made these for dinner tonight... he only thing i changed was i didnt add the sugar but that is because i served them with a savory tomato sauce ontop... these are good... and a great way to get kids to eat their corn hehehe... a nice quick cheap meal made from ingredients in your pantry, great for the end of pay week when the cuboards are looking a little bare :)... will become a regular around here ... thankyou