Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Suggested by a recipe from Sunbeam Fry Pan booklet
Make and share this Corn Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 large fresh egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 -2 scallions or 1 -2 green onion, peeled,finely sliced (optional)
- Sift to combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar- optional, into a bowl.
- Combine beaten egg and milk.
- Using a mixer, gradually add milk mix to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Add corn to mix.
- Add green onions-- optional-- and stir in.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil and fry about 5 to 7 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Nita's Note: Drain well on paper towels or uncoated paper plates (with a regular plate underneath).
- Do NOT stack fritters to facilitate better drainage.
Made these for dinner tonight... he only thing i changed was i didnt add the sugar but that is because i served them with a savory tomato sauce ontop... these are good... and a great way to get kids to eat their corn hehehe... a nice quick cheap meal made from ingredients in your pantry, great for the end of pay week when the cuboards are looking a little bare :)... will become a regular around here ... thankyou