Recipe by Chef Berry #1423656
I have not had corn fritters for a long time and while browsing through the Food.com web site I seen a recipe for them. So I decided to make some for myself. They turned out pretty darn good if I say so myself. especialy since I came up with my own version.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Great tasting fritters these are! The only thing I was concerned about was the tablespoon measurements for adding the batter to the oil ~ I cut the recipe in half, used a quarter-cup scoop & still came up with 11 nice sized fritters!! Will definitely be making these again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (or thawed frozen corn)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal, yellow
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup anduille sausage, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a frying pan over med heat. Add more as needed during cooking process.
- Place 1 cup of corn in a food processor pulse for 20-30 seconds or until slightly smooth.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add one heaping tablespoon of the corn mixture to frying pan. Lightly press down with back of spoon. Depending on size of scoop you could cook about 4 fritters at a time.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes per side until golden brown.