Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Courtesy America's Test Kitchen. This is a great recipe. Corn is at it's peak and I made these and knew right away I had to post so I can do this again. I hope you will enjoy these as well!
- Cut kernels from 1 to 2 ears of corn and place in bowl. This should yield approximately 1 cup of whole corn kernels.
- Grate kernels from remaining 1 to 2 ears on large holes of box grater (yielding 1/2 cup + of grated kernels). Place in bowl with whole corn kernels.
- Using the back of a knife, scrape any pulp remaining on all cobs into bowl.
- Stir in beaten egg, flour, cornmeal, cream, shallot, salt and cayenne.
- Heat oil in large heavy bottomed non-stick skillet (I used my cast iron) over medium-high heat until shimmering. Drop 6 heaping tablespoons batter in pan. Fry until golden brown or about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer fritters to plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.
- Note - Batter can be prepared ahead, cover & refrigerate up to 4 hours.
I just love fritters and these corn fritters are going to top my list! The maple syrup was a real surprise to try and wow it was a really great combination. So easy and quick to make. We'll be making these again! Made for ZWT4.
Here we go again! I love fritters, and these were excellent. I had some frozen sweet corn from last summer (the very last!) and used that. Deeeelicious! Can't think of a better way to use it. Used 2 pinches of New Mexico chili powder, which was just enough. Thnx for posting. Made for ZWT4
Diana, this recipe is wonderful! We enjoyed these little babies so much tonight. I made them for ZWT4, and we will make them again! I used my new little gadget called the "corn zipper," thereby removing the frolicking corn kernels which like to dance around the kitchen when using a chef's knife! I used only cooking spray, cutting the fat in a huge way! I had to add about a teaspoon of sugar because the corn we get here at this time of year has been on a truck for who knows how long. Maple syrup was great on this! This is a KEEPER! Sail On Babes!!!