This was in my Mom's recipe cards. I have made these several times. These take a while to make, so don't double the recipe unless you are DEDICATED!! LOL My Mom did and by the time she got 1/2 done the last half were raw. She wasn't dedicated!!! LOL
- Heat oil to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together.
- JUST UNTIL BLENDED.
- Drop bater by Tablespoon full into hot oil.
- Do not add too many at once or it will lower your oil temperature.
- Fry 3 to 5 minutes turning once.
- Remove, drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm drizzled with syrup.
These were very tasty and the batter was a perfect consistency. They had a really wonderful creamy texture on the inside while being crisp on the outside. I cooked on outdoors on a well oiled BBQ plate which made them a snap as well because I was able to cook all of them at once.