Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these for ever. I am posting this recipe because my daughter calls me at least once a month for this recipe. These are different than the usual recipes for corn fritters as the egg whites are beaten and folded into the batter, making the batter fluffy. These are very good. I usually serve these as a side with hot chicken wings. My 9 year old likes to take these to school for a snack.
- Mix first seven ingredients together until smooth.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and cream corn.
- Heat vegetable oil to 375°F.
- Use 1 tablespoon of batter per fritter and drop into hot oil.
- As they rise to the top and turn golden brown, turn them over.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or cold.
I found these a bit TOO fluffy for my taste. Otherwise good though! I added a little extra sugar in the batter because I like them sweet.
GREAT fluffy fritters! I did not have the milk so I used water and they were just fine! They were the puffiest recipe I have ever tried! Thanks for sharing!