Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids use to make this at school, we have it as an alternative to potatoes, or a light weekend lunch.
- 1 (300 g) can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Drain corn and discard liquid.
- Put eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add corn and cheese.
- Put butter and oil in frypan, Heat until bubbly over medium heat.
- Drop corn mixture in spoonful lots into frypan.
- When golden turn and cook other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve.
These were AWESOME! Didn't make a single change. Total AWESOMENESS!!
Super corn fritters the family loved them ....ty for posting
Great recipe for using leftover cooked corn on the cob. Even got rave reviews from the hubby. This is a keeper.