Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom would make this all the time for me when I was little. It was my favorite thing to have for breakfast on Saturday mornings to accompany my cartoons.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- Combine egg and milk. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and then corn.
- Heat Crisco in a fry pan. Drop batter by tablespoons into Crisco.
- Fry lightly then remove and drain on paper towel.