Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was in Cooking Light Magazine. Not sure which issue, but a very simple tasty side dish.
Make and share this Corn Fritter Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with whisk until smooth.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, whole Kernel and cream style corn, mix well.
- Add muffin mix and black pepper, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Very nice corn dish here (what I usually call corn pudding, but then, what do I know)! Great warm or cold & wonderful with a homemade chili! Think I'll keep this one around & make it every once-in-a-while! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I made this and my family went crazy for it. I added fresh corn and extra spice, but apart from that, went straight off of the recipe and it was delish!
I love Tony Roma's Corn fritter casserole and thought I'd try this recipe. These were good but tasted a bit eggy. I left out the onion and pepper since I didn't have any on hand. I plan on making this with Easter dinner! Thanks!