Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen. It was printed on an advertisement. Since DH is diabetic, I am always looking for ways to add veggies to his diet. Having them in a frittata in the morning works well. We enjoyed this hope you do too.
Top Review by Huskergirl
I made this for the frittata challenge for ZWT4. I did have to subsitute some of the veggies. My DH had already used my zucchini and I am not big on tomatoes with my eggs. I added green peppers, onion, mushrooms, & corn. I had a family brunch and this went over great. As Nebraska corn farmers my father & brother really like the corn in it. Made for team CHIC CHEFS
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 14.79 ml fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil, crushed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml frozen whole kernel corn
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced zucchini
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml chopped roma tomato
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and basil; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large oven proof skillet.
- Add the corn, zucchini, and green onions.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes; add tomatoes and cook uncovered over medium heat about 5 additional minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Pour the egg mixture over vegetables in skillet and cook over medium heat.
- As the mixture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion runs underneath.
- Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set, the surface of the frittata will be moist.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place the skillet under broiler 4 to 5 inches from heat.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until the top is set and cheese is melted.