Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is another recipe I used to make every Christmas as a kid, all by myself. Sticky, sweet, messy...I had so much fun making and eating them. Originally from the "Jones Farm Country Kitchen" community cookbook.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dried coconut, shredded (I used the sweetened kind in bags)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- candied cherry, halved (optional)
- Mix everything except the cherries together.
- Drop in small mounds onto parchment lined baking sheets (using 2 spoons to help smoosh the mixture into a mound - be patient here, it will look somewhat too loose, but as it cooks it melts together.
- Garnish with a cherry half if desired, pretty down gently.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes, in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Allow to cool a bit on the baking sheets before carefully removing to racks to cool - but not too long or they will harden up too much.