Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe that I have been eating since I was a kid. My dad always made it, so it always seemed a little special since he did not cook regularly. He has since passed the torch and now I make it for him.We always have served it with the same side dishes as well. Rice pilaf and garlic green beans. Note: Prep time does not include the marinade time. Marinade time is from 1-6 hours. I personally marinate mine for 4 hours. Cooking time is minimum of 45 minutes, may take longer depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 17 ounces size box corn flakes
- 2 cups of real mayonnaise (light or fat free do not work well)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, white pepper in a large bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in to the mixture one piece at a time and make sure each piece is coated with the marinade mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Roughly crunch corn flakes by hand in a bowl that is somewhat shallow but big enough to dredge chicken. Corn flakes should not be finely ground like crumbs.
- Take chicken out of the mix piece by piece making sure there is a thick coating of marinade on the chicken.
- Roll your chicken in the corn flakes and place in a 9x13 in baking dish that has been coated with non stick cooking spray.
- Add additional flakes to the tops of the chicken and surrounding the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for minimum of 45 minutes. Baking time will vary due to size of chicken breasts.