Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup of crushed corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- Add all the dry ingrediants and sift.
- Beat the egg yolks and add them to the milk.
- Stir the liquid ingrediants into the dry ones.
- Add your melted butter.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and add them to the batter just before making.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron for 2 minutes.
- Add batter, cook and enjoy!
I made these according to the directions and the batter was really thick. I had to keep adding ingredients. I don't think that I'd make them again.
I dont know what went wrong with the other reviewers, but these were great! I used a white whole wheat flour and canola oil applesauce for the butter, as well as some stale vector cereal I had hanging around for the cornflakes. These were so yummy; great flavour, and crispy. I'll make again next time I have some stale cereal.