Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious, chewy treat. Better than rice krispy treats. We have used Cheerios too.
- 1419.54 ml corn flakes
- 44.37 ml butter
- 283.49 g packageregular marshmallows or 946.36 ml miniature marshmallows
- shredded coconut (optional) or raisins (optional) or chocolate, chip ect. (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, add corn flakes , and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or buttered fingers, press the mixture evenly into a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan.
- When the treats are cooled, cut into squares.
- Serve, and enjoy!
I've made these for years, and these are the ratios I use. Choose your brand of cornflakes carefully--I find Kellogg's to be too thin & dry (they shatter when you are blending them). Also, just as you take the marshmellow/butter mixture from the heat, ADD 1 t. of flavor extract (almond is our favorite, but vanilla is good too), and a few drops of food color if you like. We often add green food color, shape it into a Wreath, and press red gumdrops into the top :-)
Yummy...but way too gooey. Didn't form into anything, couldn't cut in to squares as it just fell apart. But still yummy!
a very good and different take on Cereal treats, sweet and Gooey