Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is my mums favorite pudding from school. She was thrilled when we found it. It tastes great covered in cream! Cooking time includes chilling and setting time.
- Pastry --.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Cut the butter and shortening into cubes and "rub in" using thumbs and forefingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and water and mix with a round bladed knife until the mixture sticks in lumps.
- Knead and roll out. Use to line a 20 -23 cm loose bottom flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Line the case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes then remove the beans and paper and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Spread the base with the jam.
- In a pan melt the butter, sugar and syrup together. Stir in the corn flakes and mix well.
- Spread the corn flake mix on the jam and allow to set.
I love cornflake tart - reminds me of school! So good to finally get a recipe!