Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my mums favorite pudding from school. She was thrilled when we found it. It tastes great covered in cream! Cooking time includes chilling and setting time.
- Pastry --.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Cut the butter and shortening into cubes and "rub in" using thumbs and forefingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and water and mix with a round bladed knife until the mixture sticks in lumps.
- Knead and roll out. Use to line a 20 -23 cm loose bottom flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Line the case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes then remove the beans and paper and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Spread the base with the jam.
- In a pan melt the butter, sugar and syrup together. Stir in the corn flakes and mix well.
- Spread the corn flake mix on the jam and allow to set.
I love cornflake tart - reminds me of school! So good to finally get a recipe!
Amazing tried it today It is soo nice thumbs up