1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my mums favorite pudding from school. She was thrilled when we found it. It tastes great covered in cream! Cooking time includes chilling and setting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pastry --.
- 2Sift flour into a bowl. Cut the butter and shortening into cubes and "rub in" using thumbs and forefingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- 3Add sugar and water and mix with a round bladed knife until the mixture sticks in lumps.
- 4Knead and roll out. Use to line a 20 -23 cm loose bottom flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 6Line the case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes then remove the beans and paper and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- 7Spread the base with the jam.
- 8In a pan melt the butter, sugar and syrup together. Stir in the corn flakes and mix well.
- 9Spread the corn flake mix on the jam and allow to set.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Flake Tart
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g