Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy, sweet and crunchy squares. I throw in anything that's stale or nuts and seeds and things that have been hanging around for a while. My three roommates (all guys in their twenties) can finish a pan in less than half an hour.
- 5 cups corn flakes
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup high-protein cereal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable margarine
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- Melt margarine and marshmallows over low heat.
- Stir in cereals and coconut.
- Press into a greased 8-inch square baking dish, using a greased spatula.
- Let cool (in fridge, if necessary) and cut into 12 squares.
I had such a nice surprise today when my teenage son made this recipe for us! He used only corn flakes and butter instead of the margarine and skipped coconut. He said he didn't add the vanilla because it didn't say when to add it in the recipe instructions. It was great without it. Thanks for posting!