An uncomplicated treat for breakfast. These muffins have great texture and huge taste appeal. Great with butter and/or jelly.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; set aside.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and milk in large mixing bowl.
- Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal is slightly softened. (DO NOT let corn flakes soak in milk any longer than 2 minutes!).
- Add egg and oil; beat well. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into 12 greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 400° about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
- NOTE: Variation: Decrease sugar to 2 tablespoons-- Add 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapeño peppers to egg mixture before adding flour mixture.