1/4 Photos of Corn Flake Muffins
An uncomplicated treat for breakfast. These muffins have great texture and huge taste appeal. Great with butter and/or jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; set aside.
- 2Combine crushed corn flakes and milk in large mixing bowl.
- 3Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal is slightly softened. (DO NOT let corn flakes soak in milk any longer than 2 minutes!).
- 4Add egg and oil; beat well. Stir in vanilla.
- 5Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
- 6Portion batter evenly into 12 greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups.
- 7Bake at 400° about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Serve warm.
- 9NOTE: Variation: Decrease sugar to 2 tablespoons-- Add 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapeño peppers to egg mixture before adding flour mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Flake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 480.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g