Recipe by LtlPhyl #2
This recipe originally comes from a 1950's issue of Family Circle. They are delightfully tasty, crunchy little morsels I'm sure you will enjoy and so very easy to make. I have been making them on and off for my family since the early 1960's. I hope you will enjoy them as much as we do.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- In bowl of mixer, beat egg white, salt and vanilla and almond extract until foamy.
- Add sugar slowly and continue beating until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Stir/fold in coconut and cornflakes carefully.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.