Recipe by Ceezie
I got this great recipe from my mother - we always have extra jam on hand so this recipe is great.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made these as a lunchbox treat for the week just gone, I topped with 3 different jams, raspberry, peach & a lemon butter. What a great recipe..it used up some of the stale cereal in the cupboard & was a hit with little miss DD...my jam did ooze a bit over the top when cooking so make sure you make a nice big indentation for it to sit so you don't have a mess all over your patty pans like I did. I got 12 cupcake size mufffins & 12 bite size muffins from this mix. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup preserves or 1⁄4 cup jam
- cream cheese, softened (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine corn flakes cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Make a deep indentation in top of batter of each muffin. Fill each with level teaspoon of preserves.
- Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with soft cream cheese.