This recipe has been passed around my family and it is quick and easy. It tastes like true Southern fried chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix corn flake crumbs, salt, parmesan cheese, black and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
- Dip each drumstick in egg and roll in corn flake mixture coating well.
- Place each drumstick on the roasting pan.
- Spray a light coating of cooking spray over the drumsticks.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour to 1 hour & 10 minutes.
Great chicken! Next time will put in less cayenne pepper as it was a little too spicy.
On 8/12/12 I made this recipe for the " Beach Party " in the Photo Forum. Since it was just my SO and myself, the recipe was cut in half. And due to not having the Parmesan cheese, I used Asiago other than the subbing of the cheese the recipe was made as it written. Both my SO and myself liked the slightly spicy taste and the incredible juiciness .I served this with Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin, and Portuguese Style Sauteed Potatoes.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Great recipe! I am a heat wimp so I contemplated reducing the cayenne but went ahead with the amount specified. I did not find it too spicy at all. I also resisted the urge to play with the spices which is unusual for me. There is nothing that I would change in this recipe. Perfect fried chicken taste without the fuss and mess. It was a breeze to make and the aroma while in the oven was mouthwatering. I used non stick foil and drizzled the chicken with melted butter before putting it in the oven as I don't buy oil sprays. I also think my oven may run a bit hot as it was perfectly cooked at 50 minutes. Thanks for sharing this gem, it will be my go to 'fried chicken' recipe.