Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love using different crusts on fish and chicken. This is excellent with a white fillet such as catfish, tilapia or halibut. The mayonnaise aioli has just enough spice to really compliment the fish!
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (fat-free if desired)
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Corn-flake Crusted Fish Fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets
- lemon wedge
- Make aioli by combining all ingredients and stirring well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make fish, combine milk and egg white in a shallow dish. In a second dish, combine cornflakes, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (non-stick works best) over medium-high heat.
- Dip fillets in milk mixture and then dredge in cornflake mixture.
- Add to pan and cook 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with aioli.
I would give this recipe more than 5 stars. The Chili Cilantro Aioli is wonderful. I used basa filet omitted the egg for dipping and just rinsed the fish in water dipped in the crumbs and they adhered beautifully. The fish was crispy on the outside and moist inside - The sauce just set it off. I used a Jalapeno pepper as serrano peppers were not available, Served with Belgian Endive salad - wonderful dinner thanks MommaMakes