Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Why buy processed fish and chicken fingers, when these take just minutes to make and are so much better for your kids. I just mix up some honey and mustard for dipping and the kids gobble them up. Nice for a fun appetizer for grown ups too.
- 1 (6 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup corn flakes, slightly crushed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- Pound the chicken to about ½ inch thick (I do this in a large ziplock bag).
- Slice into finger sized strips.
- Dip chicken in sour cream. Then roll chicken in corn flakes, until well coated.
- Place chicken in pan lined with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken fingers.
- If you like, freeze in ziplock baggies. Defrost overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the oven for a few minutes or microwave on power 7 for 1 ½ minutes.
Both myself & my 2-yr-old loved these. I didn't have any sour cream so instead used a beaten egg with some salt, pepper, crushed garlic and paprika added.
Kids really loved them. I cooked them a 5 minutes longer than the recipe calls for for extra crispness.