Charlotte J's Note:
Atol De Elote, original to El Salvador, is enjoyed throughout Central America. As bizarre as it may sound, this exotic, thick, rich drink is simply delicious. Recipe from Shortcuts to 100 Best Latin Recipes by Sergio E Yibrin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw corn.
- 2Place 1 1/2 cup of milk, cornstarch, corn, sugar, and cinnamon in a blender.
- 3Cover and blend on low speed about 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- 4Strain into a medium nonstick saucepan.
- 5Stir and press corn pulp against strainer with back of a large spoon to help liquid pass through.
- 6Discard corn pulp.
- 7Add remaining 2 1/2 cups milk, stir well.
- 8Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, 18 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thicken.
- 9(This drink scorches easily, it is very important to use a nonstick saucepan and to stir continuously through cooking.).
- 10Remove from heat and let cool.
- 11Transfer drink to a pitcher.
- 12Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- 13Stir before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Drink (Atol De Elote)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g