Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Carnival corn dogs. No I have never made these just always been on the eating end of the project.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 16 hot dogs
- 16 hot dog sticks, try shiska-bob sticks as they are longer
- Set deep fryer to 370 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together, into deep bowl.
- The recipe states 4 teaspoons, I have doubled the recipe, so in stead of measuring all the teaspoons (8) I use 2+2 Tablespoons +teaspoons. Looks like a typo but it is correct as written.
- Add eggs and milk, mix well, pour into deep glass or roll bowl to get the tops.
- If mix does not stick to the dog, try drying the dog with paper towel first.
- Skewer dog with stick, about 1/2 way or better, be sure to have enough stick for a handle.
- Dip dog all the way down, in corn meal mix, pull up twisting dog out of mix and re-dip twisting as you pull out of mix.
- Cook until golden brown (3 min is a guess) drain on paper towls.
- Serve with mustard, ketchup or your condiment of choices.
- Honestly I do not know how many this makes. But with only two now in the house hold, there is to much here for us. So any in put would be appreciated.