Cheri B's Note:
Carnival corn dogs. No I have never made these just always been on the eating end of the project.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set deep fryer to 370 degrees.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together, into deep bowl.
- 3The recipe states 4 teaspoons, I have doubled the recipe, so in stead of measuring all the teaspoons (8) I use 2+2 Tablespoons +teaspoons. Looks like a typo but it is correct as written.
- 4Add eggs and milk, mix well, pour into deep glass or roll bowl to get the tops.
- 5If mix does not stick to the dog, try drying the dog with paper towel first.
- 6Skewer dog with stick, about 1/2 way or better, be sure to have enough stick for a handle.
- 7Dip dog all the way down, in corn meal mix, pull up twisting dog out of mix and re-dip twisting as you pull out of mix.
- 8Cook until golden brown (3 min is a guess) drain on paper towls.
- 9Serve with mustard, ketchup or your condiment of choices.
- 10Honestly I do not know how many this makes. But with only two now in the house hold, there is to much here for us. So any in put would be appreciated.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Dogs My Mom's
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 1461.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g