- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 6 hot dogs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- vegetable oil, additional for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Add the milk, egg and oil, mixing until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the frankfurters on sticks. Dip them into the cornmeal batter to coat them evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 375 degrees until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.