1/3 Photos of Corn Dogs
One of my favorite things to get at the fair or amusement park. I think these are even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a layer of vegetable oil into a skillet and heat to 375 degrees F.
- 2I use a candy thermometer to monitor my oil temperature.
- 3Into a large bowl, add the milk, eggs, and ¼ cup vegetable oil.
- 4Whisk to combine; set aside.
- 5Into a separate bowl add, salt, sugar, 1 ½ cups flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- 6Whisk to combine.
- 7GRADUALLY add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- 8Mix until well incorporated.
- 9Insert skewers half way into each hot dog (be careful not to pierce all the way through the hot dog).
- 10On a plate, add enough flour to dredge hot dogs.
- 11Dredge hot dogs in flour and then dip them into batter mixture.
- 12Carefully place battered hot dogs into the hot oil. Do not crowd pan. I did mine 2 at a time.
- 13Cook until golden, turning (with a spatula so they don't stick to the pan) so they’re evenly browned on all sides.
- 14Transfer corn dogs to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Continue until you have desired amount of corn dogs.
- 15Serve with ketchup, mustard, cheese sauce or whatever you like.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.4
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 725.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g