Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is a simple family favorite!
Make and share this Corn Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup pickled hot peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pickled sweet peppers, diced
For Corn Dogs
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 lb) package hot dog
- In a small bowl combine ketchup and pickled peppers. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, corn muffin mix, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. In a separate shallow dish add flour. Insert wooden skewers half way into cocktail franks.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F in a deep-fryer. Dredge each cocktail frank in flour, dust off excess then dip into cornmeal batter. Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the relish.