Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee
Make and share this Corn Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packets spaghetti sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 reduced-fat beef hot dogs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 wooden skewers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, corn muffin mix, milk and 1 seasoning packet.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix second seasoning packet and flour.
- Insert wooden skewers half way into hot dogs.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F in a deep-fryer.
- Dredge each beef frank in flour seasoning mix, dust off excess then dip into cornmeal batter.
- Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Awesome & easy!
Potsie, when I got to "dip your wiener in it" I spit tea all over my monitor. You owe me a new computer monitor bub! :-D
hahahaha...I believe I may have found my favorite Zaar chef