Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A classic favorite!
Make and share this Corn Doggies! recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the 1 cup of flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and mix until well combined.
- Add in milk and egg and stir well until smooth and well blended. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish.
- Add a skewer to each hotdog.
- Roll in hot dogs in flour, gently shaking off the excess.
- Fill a tall drinking glass with corn dog batter.
- Dip each hotdog into glass of batter while holding the stick, until completely submerged.
- Slowly pull out of batter and carefully lower into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, usually 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.