Recipe by bmcnichol
This is part of my back to school OAMC plan. My whole family enjoys them. They freeze nicely. I like them served warm but my kids will eat them any way. They are quick and easy to make.
Top Review by megs_
Delicious, easy, and VERY kid-friendly! I lightened it up and used light hot dogs & skim milk. I also cut the recipe in half. We ALL loved it, which is rare in this house! ;) I served with baked beans and mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages cornbread mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 beef hot dogs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. (I now have a convection oven and I cook these at 375 in the convection oven).
- Mix the cornbread mix, eggs, milk and cheese until blended.
- Cut each hot dog into about 15 pieces (or as big or as little as you like).
- Spary muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Fill tins about 2/3 full and cook for 14-18 minutes.
- Eat immediately or cool and put in fridge or freezer for later.
- If freezing let thaw and I like to heat them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds before eating.