I love corn dogs, but don't like the deep frying. This is an easy fake out for the traditional corn dog with a lot less fat and calories. NOTE: In my orginal recipe - I said this made 12 - it does make 12 (servings that is) - BUT it makes 24 muffins. Each serving is 2 Muffins!!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 muffin cups generously with cooking spray, or use muffin liners.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, dry mustard, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Add milk, egg, and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Cut hot dogs into 1-inch lengths. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Place 3 hot dog pieces in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve with mustard, ketchup and relish.