Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these for two picky young boys who stayed with us while their dad was in the hospital. It went over so well I had to make another batch! They are also a great item to store in the fridge for snacks or lunch boxes. Eat cold or heat for 30 seconds in a microwave. Hope yor picky eaters like them as much!
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 hot dogs, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine mix and brown sugar, add eggs and milk stirring only until moistened.
- Stir in drained corn, hot dogs, and cheese. Batter will be thin.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until tops are brown.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Big hit..I used cookinpotter's suggestion and used Cornbread Mix #167160 (3 Cups of the mix) I also substituted about a 1/2 can of creamed corn for the corn & cut the hotdogs lengthwise in half and then in half again before I chopped them..you want a dog in every bite! They came out moist and YUMMY!
I did not have a mix, I used #83625 for the cornbread recipe. I used buttermilk instead of milk and I omitted the brown sugar. I used one can of creamed corn and one can of diced Ortega Chili's and 8 hotdogs. These were gobbled up with a touch of mustard almost before they came out of the oven! Next time I am going to try 1/2 can of cream corn. They were a bit to moist
These are really great and perfect for eating on the go. I might cut back on the sugar next time as they were a bit sweet.