Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
All the fun of a corn dog in a tasty casserole for the whole family!
- 2 cups finely minced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sauté celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions and continue cooking 2 minutes. Dump skillet ingredients into a large bowl.
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise, then chop into bite size pieces. Sauté dogs in skillet; turning to brown. Add to bowl. Reserve 1 cup of hot dogs & veggies in a small bowl.
- Slightly beat eggs & milk together. Add egg mix and next 4 ingredients to bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups of cheese to bowl also.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spray 13x9 Pyrex. Pour in casserole. Top with reserved hot dogs and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 400 degrees for 30 minutes.