Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Only 5 WW points. A nice lunch treat for the children.
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon lowfat margarine, melted
- 4 reduced-fat hot dogs (Louis Rich's 85% Fat-Free Turkey Franks are a good choice)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, egg substitute, and margarine, mixing until very smooth.
- Spray 5 muffin cups generously with Pam.
- Cut hot dogs into 1 lengths.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Stick about three hot dog pieces into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20-30 minutes or until cooked throughout.
These were pretty good. The kids didn't care for them too much, but I liked them. I cut the hot dogs into more like 1/2" lengths and it worked well.